The new UTX™ from Amphenol Industrial Solar Technologies (AIST) is a robust DC connector triplecertified to UL 6703 1500V, EN50521 1500V (Class A), and JET 1500V specifications, making it currently the only connector available for usage in all major global PV markets.
The UTX™ is an evolution of AIST’s wellknown H4 connector, with the same solar industrystandard mating compatibility, Amphenol’s low resistance RADSOK® contact technology, ability to accept wire gauges from 14AWG/2.5mm² to 8 AWG/10mm², and an IP68 rating. An enhancement over the H4, is the UTX™’s ratcheting gland back nut, which prevents backspin once the nut is tightened. The amount and characteristics of materials used to make the UTX™ have resulted in a more efficient and optimized design. By using gland nuts, environmental gaskets, wire-retention collets, and contacts that accept multiple wire gauges, part count goes down and cost-savings goes up. AIST’s UTX™ connector is the ideal choice for all PV modules and installations around the world.
- Triple-Certified to UL 1500V, TUV 1500V – Class A (all access), and JET 1500V
- Mates with existing H4s and typical PV industry standard
- NEC Code Compliant (no locking sleeve required)
- 0.25 m? low contact resistance RADSOK® contact
- Accepts wire gauges from 14AWG/2.5mm² to 8 AWG/10mm²
- UTX cable range is from Ø4.5mm to Ø7.4mm
- UTX-XL is from Ø7.6mm to Ø9.3mm
- IP68 Rating (mated)
- UL94 V-0 (self extinguishing)
- RoHS, REACH, PAHS, and Halogen-free compliant
- Wide operating temperature range (-40 °C to 90 °C)